vs. RED SOX, 9/14

OFFNY

o

o

(SEPTEMBER 12th)

The Tides lost today's playoff game to AAA-Columbus by a score of 6-2.

With their backs against the wall, Chris Jones will try to dig them out of the hole tomorrow.

Jones pitched 2 shutout innings on Thursday, but because the game was suspended by rain, Tyler Wilson picked up the contest the following day to pace the Tides to their lone victory in the series so far.

o

(SEPTEMBER 13th)

OOOOOOOO *** PLAYOFF GAME ***

8 OUTS: 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 1 Strikeout, 1 Flyout

CHRIS JONES O(vs. Columbus, 9/13)

IP:. 2.67

H:;; 6 l(1 Home Run, 3 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:l) 4

ER:;3

BB: 1 *

SO: 1

Pitches: 50 (34 Strikes, 16 Balls) O ** O 46 (34 Strikes, 12 Balls)

* The Walk was Intentional

** Minus the Intentional Walk

PITCHES BY INNING

12 (91 Strikes, 31 Balls)

12 (91 Strikes, 31 Balls)

26 (16 Strikes, 10 Balls) **** O *** O 22 (16 Strikes, 6 Balls)

*** Minus the Intentional Walk

**** Jones recorded 2 outs before departing in the 3rd inning.

The AAA-Tides' backs were against the wall.

They were down 2 games to 1 in a best-of-5 playoff series.

Their starting pitcher got knocked out of the box in only 2.67 innings.

They came back to win the game, 6-5.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2015_09_13_noraaa_colaaa_1&t=g_box&sid=l117

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">O"s playing with pride and finishing this season going all out. You have some true professional on this team that gives their all each game.</p>— Ross Grimsley (@rgrimsley2) <a href="

">September 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Second verse, same as the first! Terry Doyle works around another one-out double to record a scoreless second inning. Still scoreless in COL</p>— Norfolk Tides (@NorfolkTides) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Second verse, same as the first! Terry Doyle works around another one-out double to record a scoreless second inning. Still scoreless in COL</p>— Norfolk Tides (@NorfolkTides) <a href="

I would be all hands on deck with the bullpen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I'm in the Cincinnati market. I'm gonna be a criminal this weekend I guess.
    • I think they’re a good team and I don’t think this was all that one sided of a series.  A couple of those hard hit balls vs Kremer don’t find gloves, and a few of those dinks off Nestor don’t find holes, and could have been a different story. 
    • The question becomes who is more helpful to the team with Urias and Mckenna.  I know most will say Urias but what has he done the year plus, last 140 games, that would help the team.  He has been worth -.2 WAR  where Mckenna has been worth .2 WAR  So there on the field difference is not much if any.  Urias has a lot of guys that can replace him at 2nd and 3rd.  Mateo, Holliday, Norby, Mayo, Westburg Henderson combination can all play 2nd or 3rd.  Mckenna can play centerfield which is the one position that we seem to not have a lot of options for.  Mullins can do it for sure,  Cowser struggled last year greatly at it.  Hays always has injury issues and his legs giving him trouble again and looked like he lost a step this season, granted sometimes it looks like he can't run around the bases but then makes a nice play in the outfield running things down.  Mateo looks like he can play center but the bat can be a question and most the people on here wanted him let go this off season.  With the questions of Hays injuries it might be better to keep Mckenna around then Urias in the short term and by end of the year I hope both are gone and the younger guys are playing for both of them.  
    • 2 - 0   4 - 2   2 - 0  7 - 2   All cept the last very close. Going to be a year long battle with injuries playing a role as we go. Hope the latter impacts The Evil Empire more than us. We pitched well all series. They almost did. Our defense is better by a long shot. Stanton is coming close to being their Chris Davis. Judge is potentially a beast but I'm betting players his size don't age well (see Stanton) over a 162 game season with the demands put on baseball players. And particularly New York demands. Let's see how we do in their house. 
    • The payroll didn’t stand out to me during the series. And it’s not something that I generally pay attention during the season. Most good teams tend to have a higher payroll. And ours will increase dramatically soon. I actually tend to root for all players to get paid (regardless of team). They have such a limited window to make generation(s) transforming kind of money. And if the players don’t get it, then it goes back into the owners’ billionaire pockets. I’m certainly not rooting for that!
    • I seriously doubt it.  But I’ve argued that Hyde should use Kimbrel no more than 5 times every two weeks, and if he followed my advice (ha ha) that means we’d need a “Plan B” when Kimbrel is not available, and Webb is one of the guys you can use in that role, depending on matchups.   
  • Popular Contributors